Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Saying Goodbye to 2013

Saying goodbye to 2013 is very hard! It is not only because that means the holidays are truly coming to the end, but saying goodbye to another year, to me also saying goodbye to the so many things that had happened in the year.

2013 started out exciting with the arrival of our 2nd baby Girl, Arissa Nailah. Even though I did not planned to have this soon, I am so glad and thankful that she arrived safely into our life. Naira did not have a hard time adjusting to little sis arrival and that to me just how much mature my little girl is. And in 2013, Naira is a big sister at 2 years old.

However, our joy did not last long. 2013 is the year that I lost someone very close and dear to me. My  Grandmum, the Matriarch of our family, passed away a day after my 31st Birthday. Her passing caused 2 things to happen to my family. It had brought me closer to my cousins. It also opened up my eyes to see the imperfections / tainted glass in our family. I shall not go into more details cause I would rather not talk about it. I have accepted her passing and she is forever in my memories and in my heart. It was also at this same time, my god-father found a cancer in him. He has been going for chemo and staying strong fighting it till now. My once fit go to god-father has turned into this skinny but still fit (thank god!) man. I am ever still grateful that he is around.

I came back from my maternity leave to a heavy load of work in school. However, I enjoyed the works that I'm doing and the people I am doing it with. Of course, nothing is perfect, there are some people who are pain in the ***. However, I am still glad that I got the opportunity to show my strength, work on my weaknesses and learn something new, everyday.

I enjoyed my holidays very much because I get to spend it with Soul and our 2 girls. We went to visit to lots of places and even manage to squeeze in a short trip to Batam with my besties! (read al about my holiday with my 2 girls in aworkingdevilmum.wordpress.com)

So now saying goodbye to 2013, is also saying goodbye  to me being 31. 2014 will be another year older.

Professionally, there will be a lot of new things waiting for me. I am embarking on a new role which I am definitely looking forward to!

Family, I will be welcoming a new niece earlier part of 2014. My girls will be 3 and 1 years old individually. We are planning for a family holiday at the end of the year. We will also be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and hopefully getting the key to our new home soon.

Personally, I still have a lot of growing up to do. As a mummy, a wife, daughter, a teacher, a friend......I am not sure what 2014 will bring but I can only pray for more happiness and joys in my life.

So Goodbye 2013 and Hello 2014! Bring it on!

No comments: