Saturday, February 08, 2014

Our Love Affair..........

Today is Soul's bday! I could not think of what to get for him so I thought I would dedicate a post just for him on his 32nd Bday!

If you do not know by now, Soul and I were classmates when we were in primary school. He was the only boy who did not tease or make the girls cry (although he did break a few hearts! ;P) I won't say he was a good boy, but he was a nice one. He was not loud, nor rebellious. He was playful though and he hates maths!

We sat together in class. There was never awkwardness or bad feelings between the 2 of us. He was (and still is) very easy to talk to. I think I share most of my secrets with him, though I don't think he remember any of them now. I remembered he was the one to bring me a bad news and comfort me. I also remember him crying because a girl break his heart. I remember he always make me laugh. The one memory that I remembered strongly was once in class, he made me laugh so hard during lesson that we were both caught and called on to answer to a question that we both had no idea what was it.

I have a lot of good memories bout him. The girls in class also loved him and they all looked up to him like a big brother. Although I knew a few girls who wished he could be more than just a big brother ;P As far as I can remember, I have never heard of anyone talking or not liking him. He was everybody's friend and I think what draws people to him, is his humbleness, his sense of humour and just the fact that he has a good heart and no bad feelings/intentions towards anyone.
Shuqun Primary School Pri 5C

We lost contact once we went to different secondary school. Though now I wish we had not. I feel like I missed seeing him in his teenage years and I wondered if I could be a better influence to him then and I wish he was there when I go through my teenage years.

Even though I have never met him again after our primary school, I never forgot him and always wondered what happens to him.

One day I met up with a very good friend form our Primary school. We talked about lots of our old memories and friends in school. I asked her if she ever met Soul since they lived in the same neighbourhood. She said "Yeah I bumped into him often. OMG! You should go and look for him! He is so cute now!" Hahahahaha! And so I did.

During those days, Facebook was not around yet. If you guys can remember, instead, we had friendster. So I looked for him through friendster and found him! At that time, I was going through my NIE for Dip in Special Education. He had just finish serving NS and was working part time at the Esplanade. We started calling and talking on the phone and planned to meet up.

Our first meet was at Marina Sq. I met him after his breakdance class. My first thought of seeing him after so many years of not seeing him was, "Wow he did not change!" I mean he was still the boy I knew, cheeky, playful, humble and nice. Of cos physically he was bigger and taller. We had our dinner and walked around the esplanade and took pictures. (I can't seem to find those pics now!) Going home was surprisingly awkward. We were not sure how to say goodbye, and our silly friend offered his hands and we shake! We talked about it later on and laughed at it even till now.

We met up again 2 weeks later and went on a proper date. We watched a movie and went to Marina Bay for some post National Day events. By then we were already holding hands ;*) . We got to see fireworks which I really loved! Then walk back to city hall to take the MRT. Somehow I was not sure what was going on in his head by now and I was not sure where we were heading to. I mean, we had always had that brother sister relationship when we were in school. I don't think he even knew I had already loved him back then.

We talked about it later on on the phone. We decided not to rush things as we felt we both want to be matured about it. But it was a month later when we went steady. It was very unexpected and surprising. He actually left me outside Harbourfront, giving an excuse that he needs to go to the toilet. He took quite awhile so I got busy playing games on my phone till I did not realise he got back. We sat and talk some more and suddenly he surprised me with a flower. And as they say, the rest were history.

Its funny how our life turned out for us. I have never thought / imagined that I would marry my Primary school crush. I have never had any serious relationship before. I have never felt like "Oh I am going to marry this guy" with any of the guys I went out with. Somehow with Soul, I knew in my heart that things would work out better for us. I am always grateful and blessed to have married that boy I knew who turned out to be the love of my life. He was never a Prince charming nor that perfect guy. But he is my kind of guy! He treats me in a way that every woman and girl SHOULD be treated.

So, to my dearest hubby, Happy Birthday! This post would be a lot longer if I really put in every thoughts and feelings I have about you from the day 1. But I guess that there are some of the things that I do not want to share. You have made me a better person than I ever will be. Thank you for being that imperfect person you are! And being that wonderful daddy to our 2 baby girls! I love you lots and lots!





No comments: